Health and Physical Education
P.E. Standard: 10.1.3 B Identify and know the location and function of the major body organs and systems.
DIRECTIONS: Please review the following information with your child for our Health and Physical Education quiz next week. Feel free to use the worksheet on the reverse side to review for the quiz.
We have learned:
· That a heart beat represents the pumping action of the heart.
· The heart and lungs work as a team to supply the body with fresh oxygen.
· The heart is a muscle located in the chest and is about the size of your fist.
· You can feel your pulse on your neck or wrist.
· The risk factors for heart disease are: inactivity, overweight, and smoking.
· A risk means you are more likely to have heart disease.
· If you play everyday for 60 minutes and eat a healthy diet with lots of fruits and veggies you reduce you risk of heart disease.
· The arteries carry blood and oxygen away from the heart to the muscles.
· You should only play computer games and watch TV for up to 2 hours a day.
· In an emergency call 911.
SEVEN DAYS WITHOUT EXERCISE MAKES ONE WEAK