What is a quality 5th grade journal entry response???1. It has at least eight sentences that follows the recipe given.
2. Each sentence possesses at least 8-10 words.
3. Most sentences have different sentence starters.
4. An inclusion of both simple and compound sentences.
5. Sentences display descriptive writing: adjectives, adverbs, grade level words, inclusion of spelling and vocabulary words, and inclusion of figurative language (simile, metaphor, personification)6. Mechanics and appropriate grammar are applied: capital letter, end punctuation, commas, apostrophes, and if you learn it in English class, you are held responsible for it.
7. Take each journal response seriously as one random response will be graded per week.
Last Modified on August 21, 2019