Game DevelopmentCourse Description
Game Development is a game design course...and much more. Technical skills such as programming, graphic design, animation, testing and debugging will be taught in this course. Skills taught will be transferable to other STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math) career paths. Game Development will begin with drag and drop programming and advance to more complex projects that involve writing code. The engineering problem solving cycle plays a large role with integrating physics and math principles into game functionality. After you have learned how to develop and program a game, you will investigate how to market an original game idea.Game Development Activities: 5-18-15 - 6-5-15
Important Class Links...
- Original Game
- Original Game Work Period
- Finalize any out standing games (Snowdown Showdown or Flip) and work on original game May and June.
Game Website to complete Game Critique Activity and Physics and Math used in Games:
- Curriculum Link: https://educate.stemfuse.com/
- Arcade Link: http://arcade.stemfuse.com/
- Download Construct 2:
- Construct 2 Software for use at home:https://www.scirra.com/construct2/releases
Go to the bottom of the screen and click on “Download Construct 2” towards the left side of the screen.
Select Construct 2 r178 to download. This is the version that is being used at school.
- Construct 2 Manual