Dear Parents and Guardians,
Welcome to the 2019-2020 school year. My name is Mrs. Stephanie Conrad and I am excited to introduce myself as your child’s 4th grade teacher.
As a teacher, I believe that all children deserve to feel that they are important, included, valued and respected. It is my responsibility to foster an environment where productive learning occurs. To achieve this, the environment must demonstrate a feeling of mutual respect between the teacher and the student. One that includes active listening, an open sharing of ideas, having a democratic classroom where all views are respected, and providing positive feed back and meaningful constructive criticism. I look forward to having your child in my class this year, and I am excited for a great school year.
This is going to be such an exciting year of growth for your child as they make the transition from primary elementary to upper elementary school. They will continue to build on the skills that they learned in 3rd grade and will begin to prepare for 5th grade. We will continue to make the shift from leaning to read- to comprehending what we have read. We will focus on comprehending fiction and non-fiction works, oral fluency and writing. In math, the focus will continue with mastering multiplication and division basic facts, as well as problem solving, number sense and number relationships, fractions and geometry. In WIN (Whatever I Need) Time, your child will work within a group that is geared towards helping your child strengthen their Language Art skills. During the year they will participate in a variety of fun activities that will enhance their learning and their 4th grade experience.
Please send your child to school with the following labeled items:
Once again, I will be using a program called "Remind" to aide in communication during the year. To access the application, visit the webpage marked "Remind". I have also included additional information about this program on that page.Lastly, please know that I believe parent involvement is essential for your child’s success and I am always available by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 412-365-4101. You can also follow me on Twitter @MrsConrad_MCK4E.
- Expandable File Folder (one with 7-10 files, found at Staples, etc.) or Zipable Trapper Keeper (with at least 7 two-pocket folders) You may label these files with the subjects- Math, Science, Social Studies, Reading, Spelling, Homework, Return
- Clear shoebox tub with lid (this will serve as a pencil, crayon, scissor, shapener, and miscellaneous organizer)
- 3 Ring Binder to be left in the classroom (1"-1 1/2")
- stylus (optional)
- Crayons (they will recieve an 8 pack on the first day)
- Red/black pen to self-correct papers
- Extra pencils (These seem to disappear and need to be replenished through out the year)
- Highlighters (any color)
- Flat pencil holder or zip-lock bag for their binder
- 1 box of quart size zip lock bags.
- 2 Boxes of Tissues (1 is for class room, other is for special area teacher)
I look forward to meeting your child on the first day of school, and to meeting you at Curriculum Night.
Mrs. Stephanie Conrad