PSAT for 10th Graders
Please click click here for the PSAT 2020 registration form.
The Preliminary Scholastic Aptitude Test/National Merit Scholarship Qualifying Test (PSAT/NMSQT) will be offered on Saturday, October 17, 2020. The test is co-sponsored by the College Board and National Merit Scholarship Corporation (NMSC) and is developed and administered for them by Educational Testing Service (ETS). The test measures critical reading, writing, and mathematical reasoning abilities important in college work.
The most common reasons for taking the PSAT/NMSQT are to:
- Receive feedback on your strengths and weaknesses on skills necessary for college study. You can then focus your preparation on those areas that could most benefit from additional study or practice.
- See how your performance on an admissions test might compare with that of others applying to college.
- Enter the competition for annual scholarships from the National Merit Scholarship Corporation (NMSC). Taking the PSAT/NMSQT as a junior is the only way to be eligible for National Merit recognition.
- Help prepare for the SAT. You can become familiar with the kinds of questions and the exact directions you will see on the SAT.
- Receive information from colleges when you check "yes" to Student Search Service.
This exam is available for junior students and sophomores if space is available