Third Grade Robust Vocabulary Words: Theme 4
Lon Po Po
– If you are charming, you have a way of pleasing people with what you say and how you act.
– If you make a lot of noise, you are making a racket.
– If you do something very clever or imaginative, you are ingenious.
– If you trick someone by doing something clever, you outsmart, or outwit, them.
– Something, like food, that is tender is soft and easy to chew or cut.
– When you are very happy about something, you are delighted.
– Things that are brittle are so stiff and hard that they break easily.
– If you hugged someone, you embraced that person.
– Someone who is cunning uses smart and tricky ways to get what he or she wants.
– If you are disguised, you are wearing something that keeps people from knowing who you are.
Two Bear Cubs
– If something fills you with awe, you are amazed by it.
– Concentration is focusing your attention on a single thing.
– A dilemma is a problem or a difficult situation
– If something is commendable, it is worthy of attention and praise.
– When you are glancing at something, you are taking a quick look at it.
– If you are scolding someone, you are angrily pointing out that person’s mistakes.
– When you comfort or cheer someone you console him or her.
– Someone who is heroic is brave and acts like a hero.
– When you are drowsy, you feel so sleepy that you can’t stay awake.
– A burden is a heavy load that is difficult to carry.
Me and Uncle Romie
– When something is not shiny, it is dull.
– Something that is very tall towers over shorter things.
– A great piece of art can be called a masterpiece.
– Memories and traditions of your family’s past are part of your
– If something is ruined, it is no longer any good.
– If you crept, you moved slowly and carefully so that you wouldn’t be
seen or heard.
– If something is so wonderful that you can hardly believe it, it is
– A memory is something you remember.
– To streak is to move very quickly from one place to another.
– If you yanked something, you gave it a quick, hard pull.
– If you move slowly and carefully, you move deliberately.
– If you made up a song, you composed it.
– If you thank someone for something, you are showing gratitude.
– If you are kind to someone who needs help, you are showing compassion.
– Something that is swift moves very quickly.
– If you are vain, you think very highly of yourself.
– If you overheard what people said, you heard it without them knowing you were listening.
– If you suggested something, you gave someone an idea.
– Something that is enormous is very big.
– If you exclaimed something, you said it excitedly.
Backstage with Chris and Casey
– When you criticize something, you tell what you think is wrong with it.
– Conversation between people is called dialogue.
– To immerse oneself is to become very involved in something.
– Something that is mandatory is required.
– To rehearse is to practice for a performance.
– If there are different versions of a story, the story is told in different ways.
– People have camaraderie when they are comfortable with each other and spend a lot of time together.
– If a performance is flawless, there are no mistakes in it.
– A tragic event is something that is both sad and horrible.
– When something is limp, it is too weak to move or support itself.