Morning SoloDear orchestra parents and students,Beginning next week we can start Morning Solos at McKnight Elementary. Morning Solos are for students in grades 4 - 5 and provides them with an opportunity to play a prepared song for classmates as they enter the school.It is also a nice chance for students to share their love of music with others and does not take up time at the winter concert. This allows many students to play a solo that normally would not get a chance.All students are encouraged to try for a morning solo but must meet the requirements below. This opportunity is for the students that show up to class with their materials, come prepared, and try their best.Morning Solo requirements:
- Students must have attended all their lessons.
- Students practice cards should've been signed each week from the beginning of the school year to present.
- Students should be taking their instruments and materials home each day.
- Solo must be prepared ahead of time. They should pick a song that they feel comfortable playing, challenges them, and played with a good tone.
- We will have morning solo time during each orchestra rehearsal. If they feel prepared at that time they can play it for the entire group orchestra. If a student is unable to play a solo at that time, they can try again the following week after more preparation.
- Students should be able to get dropped off early to school by a parent or guardian.
If they meet the requirements above, I will give them a date and time that they can arrive early to school and play their solo. Most students should arrive around 8:35 and we will start playing at 8:45 as students are getting off the bus.
I look forward to hearing some beautiful solos,