ART EDUCATION RESOURCES
Below is a listing of links to various resources related to arts education. This list will be updated regularly as resources are found and/or updated.
RESOURCES ON NASD WEB SITE:
- Review of Research in Art Education - Review and links to assorted readings in art education.
- Creativity Resources - Articles and information pertaining to creativity, habits of mind, etc.
- Technology Resources - Art-related technology resources and tutorials.
- Pennsylvania Academic Standards for Arts & Humanities (PDE)
- Pennsylvania Department of Education Standards Aligned System (SAS)
- National Core Arts Standards (NCAS) - New National Standards for Visual Arts, Music, Theatre, Dance, and Media Arts, released in 2014.
- National Coalition for Core Arts Standards
- ¡Yo Soy Artista!
- The Alliance of Young Artists & Writers
- National Art Education Association (NAEA)
- Pennsylvania Art Education Association (PAEA) - NAEA Affiliate
- Pennsylvania Council on the Arts
- Arts Education Collaborative (Pittsburgh, PA)
- EPLC Arts and Education Initiative (Harrisburg, PA)
- CAPE Chicago Arts Partnerships in Education
- National Gallery of Art (Washington, DC)
- Carnegie Museum of Art (Pittsburgh, PA)
- Mattress Factory (Pittsburgh, PA)
- Andy Warhol Museum (Pittsburgh, PA)
- The Frick Collection (Pittsburgh, PA)
- Art+Culture Projects - An interconnected guide for "artistic knowledge and discovery."
- The AccuNet™/AP® Multimedia Archive - The most comprehensive and credible archive of photos, text, audio and graphics available online.
- Mark Harden's Artchive - Virtual Gallery of classic and contemporary artworks, as well as art critique, reviews, and links.
- The Getty Institute
- The Getty Institute Arts Education Site
- ArtsEDGE - "National arts and education network developed through a cooperative agreement between the John F. Kennedy Center for the Performing Arts and the National Endowment for the Arts (with additional support from the U.S. Department of Education)."
- New Horizons for Learning - Identifies and communicates successful strategies as a leading-edge web resource for educational practice.