Health and PhysicalEducation
P.E. Standard: 10.1.3C Explain the roleof the food guide pyramid in helping people eat a healthy diet.
DIRECTIONS: Please review the following information with your child for thequiz next week in Physical Education.
ALL STUDENTS SHOULD UNDERSTAND:
· Fruits and vegetables are green light foods.
Eat as many of these foods as you want.
· Meats, cheese, bread, rice,and pasta are yellow light foods.
Eat a moderate or small amount of these foods.
· Junk food, candy, chips,cookies, and cake are red Lightfoods.
Eat these foods every once in a while.
· You should eat many different kinds of food, not justone food or food group.
· You should drink a lot of water, instead of soda/pop.
· You should eat 5fruits and/or vegetables everyday.
· You should drink at least 4 glasses of water everyday.
· You should eat 3 balanced meals everyday.
· You should watch TV orplay video games for less than 2hours everyday.
· You should be activefor at least 1 hour everyday.