LAB #7 - GENETICS OF ORGANISMS - CONCLUSION Guidelines
PART 1. The Life Cycle of Drosophila
- Why is the fruitfly an excellent organism for genetics studies?
- Describe the basic stages in the life cycle of Drosophila.
- What was your F1 cross number and observed mutation?
- How did you distinguish between males and females?
- How did you ensure that the F1 flies did not get mixed up with the F2 generation?
- What were the genotypes of your F1 flies? How did you figure this out?
- Was your mutation sex-linked or autosomal, dominant or recessive? How could you tell?
- Was your cross monohybrid or dihybrid? How could you tell?
PART 2. The Chi-SquareAnalysis
- What is the Chi-Sqaure Analysis used for?
- What was your null hypothesis that you tested?
- Did you accept or reject your null hypothesis? Explain why?
- What did your Chi-Square analysis indicate about your fruitfly data?
- If you rejected your null, what reasons might have contributed to your extreme variation?