Main Selection: Land of Ice by Norbert Wu (nonfiction)
HF words: animals, cold, fish, from, their, under, very
Skills: phrasing, compare/contrast, making inferences, story elements
Phonics: /or/ or, ore, compound words
Spelling: or, for, form, more, store, sort, long, bring, your, head, before, horse, score, sports, forget, morning
Grammar: Special names and titles of places- Proper nouns should always begin with a capital letter.
Writing: Interview Questions
Nuzzled: if an animal nuzzled against you, it would rub you with its face or nose
Pranced: walking in a bouncy, springy way, like a horse
Raging: when something is raging it is happening in a strong out of control way
Adapt: if an animal adapts to a place, it has body parts or ways of acting that help it live there
Intriguing: if you think that something is intriguing, you are curious about it and very interested in it
Inhabit: if you inhabit a place, you live there
Ideas for Robust Vocabulary:
- Tell some things you might nuzzle.
- Prance around the room to show that you are having fun.
- Imitate how a raging storm might sound outside.
- Tell how you could adapt to a new classroom.
- Tell about something you find intriguing.
- Name two things you like about the place you inhabit.