Lab #3 Part 1. Mitosis Conclusion
3A.1 Mitosis in Plant and Animal Cells
- What is the function of mitosis?
- What is the difference between karyokinesis and cytokinesis.
- Why were the whitefish blastula and the onion root tip chosen for observation?
- Using the light microscope, what key structures were identifiable to help you to differentiate between the phases of mitosis?
- Briefly describe the EXCITING events that you observed in each of the phases that you identified.
3A.2 Time for Cell Replication
- How did you estimate the average length of time that a cell spends in the various stages of mitosis?
- What did your results show about phase lengths?
- What sources of error might you encounter with this method?