300 Hillvue Lane, Pittsburgh, PA 15237
HOMEWORK REQUEST LINE INFORMATION 412-369-5454
Homework Requests for Short Term Absences: 3 or more consecutive days
When a student is absent for three consecutive days, parents should call in the morning of the third day of absence to request homework assignments. This is how the Homework Request Line works:
On the third morning of your child’s absence, if the classwork and
homework assigned on the absent days are desired, you must call 412-369-5454,
the homework request line, by 8:30 a.m. To avoid busy lines, call as
early as possible prior to 8:30 a.m. If a call comes in after 8:30
a.m., your request will be delayed until the following day.
Requests may be picked up in the following manner:
1. Between 3:30 and 4:00 p.m., you may pick up your child’s homework in the main office. The main office closes at 4:00 p.m.
2. It is the parent’s responsibility to know the student’s locker number and lock combination if retrieval of books is needed. For security reasons, staff cannot retrieve books. Parents are discouraged from expecting another student to take their child’s assignment home. The number of textbooks to be transported creates a hardship for other students. If you request work and it is not picked up and completed, it is at the teacher’s discretion to complete future requests.
3. If parents do not pick up the homework assignments by 4:00 p.m., they may pick them up starting at 7:00 a.m. the next morning in the main office.
homework, please leave the following information at the tone:
1. Your child's first and last name, spelling the last name slowly and clearly.
2. Your child's grade level.
3. Your child's dates of absence.