SchoolSite Locator Instructions for Parents
SchoolSite Locator is a powerful tool that can be used to determine what school(s) your child(ren) would attend if you reside at a given address. It also allows you to view District and school boundaries, obtain driving directions, and more! This guide will walk you through the basics of using this resource and introduce you to the tools and features of SchoolSite Locator.
Accessing SchoolSite Locator
You may access the SchoolSite Locator by clicking the icon on the District homepage or by clicking here. When SchoolSite Locator opens, you will see the following screen:
This page contains a boundary map, the Control Panel, and the Tools Box. The Control Panel on the left side contains a number of features, including the ability to search for your address, view school information, and look up driving directions. The Tools Box near the top right contains tools that allow you to zoom in or out, look around the map, measure distance, and print.
Schools are marked on the map with both their name & an icon:
You can view different school boundaries (elementary school, middle school, NAI, or NASH) by clicking the "school boundaries" tab on the Control Panel:
Viewing which schools your child will attend
1. On the Control Panel, click the "Enter Your Address" tab:
2. In the Address field, type in your full address.
3. After your enter your address, click Find.
4. You will be presented with a listing of the elementary school, middle schools, and high schools (NAI & NASH) that your child will attend while residing at the address entered:
5. You can view additional school information by clicking the arrow next to the school's name:
Obtaining driving directions
1. After searching for your address (above), click a school name in the Control Panel.
2. Select "driving directions" from the drop down box and then click Go:
3. You will be presenting with both text-based and visual directions for driving to the selected school:
4. You can view reverse instructions by clicking "reverse route" near the bottom of the Control Panel.
5. To clear the instructions from the map, click "clear route" on the Control Panel.
Using the tools
The Tools Box contains a number of different tools you can use while on SchoolSite Locator:
You can select a different map view by using the "basemap" drop-down box:
You can adjust the map overlay transparency by using the transparency slider: