SchoolSite Locator Instructions for Parents
SchoolSite Locator is a powerful tool that can be used to determine what school(s) your child(ren) would attend if you reside at a given address. It also allows you to view District and school boundaries, obtain driving directions, and more! This guide will walk you through the basics of using this resource and introduce you to the tools and features of SchoolSite Locator.
Accessing SchoolSite Locator
You may access the SchoolSite Locator by clicking the icon on the District homepage or by clicking here. When SchoolSite Locator opens, you will see the following screen:
This page contains the large District map, an address search box, tools, map types, and layers to view schools and school boundaries. You may scroll around the map by clicking and dragging. You can zoom in or out using your mouse wheel.
Schools are marked on the map with both their name & an icon:
You can view different school boundaries (elementary school, middle school, or high school) by clicking the "layers" tab at the top-right corner:
Viewing which schools your child will attend
1. At the top of the screen, you will see a white search box:
2. Enter your full address, including the ZIP code.
3. After your enter your address, hit the "Enter" button on your keyboard.
4. You will be presented with a listing of the elementary school, middle schools, and high schools (NAI & NASH) that your child will attend while residing at the address entered:
Obtaining driving directions
1. After searching for your address (above), click the drop-down menu under the school name.
2. Select "driving directions" from the drop down box:
3. You will be presenting with both text-based and visual directions for driving to the selected school.
Using additional tools
You may select the "Basemap" link to customize the appearance of the District map:
Via the "Tools" link at the top-right, you may also view various tools for measuring distance on the map:
Also accessible from the "Tools" panel is the option to print your map: