200 Hillvue Lane, Pittsburgh, PA 15237
The first school in McCandless Township was a log cabin built on land owned by the Peebles family.
Ingomar School was built on the site where it is currently situated.
A one-room school was built in Bradford Woods.
Espe School was built.
|1936||A six-room, brick school was built in Franklin Township.|
|1945||McCandless bought the Cole Farm (150 acres) for $30,000. (Today, this is the NA Cumberland Campus, where three schools, the Central Administrative Offices, the Transporation & Facilities building, and the Northland Public Library are located.)|
|1948||Five school districts - Bradford Woods, Franklin, Marshall, McCandless, and Pine - signed a ten year agreement to operate as North Allegheny Joint Schools.|
|1950||Pine Township withdrew from the Joint Schools agreement.|
|1952||March 22 - Groundbreaking ceremonies were held for the construction of the NA Junior-Senior High School on the Cole Farm site. (This building is currently called NAI.)|
|1954||October 23 - Guest speaker Jonas Salk spoke at the dedication of the new Junior-Senior High School. The school had 33 rooms for grades 7-12.|
|1956||June - The first graduating class of nearly 160 senior received their diplomas.|
|1958||Ingomar Junior High School opened for grades 7-9.|
|1960||Ingomar Elementary was rebuilt after a devastating fire destroyed the old frame portion of the building. Twelve classrooms were included.|
|1969||Carson Intermediate High School for grades 9 and 10 was built on the Cole Farm site with 47 rooms.|
|1972||Bradford Woods Elementary was expanded to 18 rooms. Hosack Elementary was built with 18 rooms.|
|1974||September - NA Senior High School (NASH) was opened as a 67-room school for grades 11 and 12. The High School on the Cumberland Campus as dedicated to grades 9-10. Carson Intermediate and Ingomar Junior High became middle schools for grades 6-8.|
|1987||Facility acquired from Northern Area Special Purpose Schools to create McKnight Elementary School.|
|1991||Bradford Wood Elementary was renovated and expanded to 21 classrooms.|
|1992||Marshall Elementary School was built on the Shenot Farm site with 50 classrooms.|
|1993||Marshall Middle School was built on the Shenot Farm site with 63 classrooms.|
|1999||Franklin, Hosack, Ingomar, McKnight, and Peebles Elementary Schools were fully renovated.|
|2002||The Baierl Community Center was opened on the NASH campus.|
|2005||Carson and Ingomar Middle Schools were renovated and expanded.|
|2006||Expansion Management Magazine awarded NASD the first of three consecutive Gold Medals for Excellence, ranking the District in the top 3% of all school districts in the nation.|
|2007||NASD implemented a new Strategic Plan for 2007-2013. In addition, the District was nominated to represent the state of Pennsylvania in the Kennedy Center Alliance for the Arts Education/National School Board Association's Award Program for its outstanding commitment to arts in education.|
|2008||NASD recieved its 17th consecutive School Match "What Parents Want" Award. Only 16% of the nation's 15,571 public school districts have been recognized with this award for meeting the needs of families choosing schools. Newsweek and US News & World Report ranked NASH among the nation's best high schools.|