This page contains information for students interested in accelerating through either honors biology or honors chemistry during the summer of 2017, prior to the 17-18 school year. Please use the links on the left to find specific information pertaining to honors biology and honors chemistry.
- For general information about the acceleration process, including course and testing requirements, please refer to the acceleration packet. This packet is available from students' current science teachers, and can be obtained during the scheduling discussions in early spring.
- An informational meeting will be held in the NAI library on 2/20/17 at 6:30 p.m. to answer questions about the acceleration process. This meeting is not mandatory, and should not take the place of having a discussion with your current science teacher and counselor about scheduling.
- CCAC is offering an interview/testing day on 3/11/17. Please call CCAC to get more information about interviews/testing that may be required prior to your enrollment. Other dates may be scheduled with CCAC.
- Acceleration acknowledgement forms with all required signatures and student information are due by 4/14/17, to be given to either Mrs. Richelle Gibson (NAI) or Mr. Chris Omasits (NASH). Students who have not turned in the acknowledgement form prior to this date will not be permitted to attempt the acceleration process nor take the acceleration exam.
- The North Allegheny acceleration exam will be administered following the conclusion of all summer college courses. Tentatively, this is scheduled for mid-August. All students are required to attend this testing date. Students enrolled in the acceleration process will receive an email during the summer once date, time, and location are set.